Testing out effects on After Effects
Here are some shots of figuring out how to animate the tentacles separately. I played about with all of the Nhair settings which I built into the rig, and figured that attracting the tentacle to the base curve at the end would give the best result, as well as increasing the stretch resistance, as otherwise the the tentacle falls away from the curve and goes floppy. I also figured out that I could animate the Hair settings, which is what I have been doing to get different effects in the same scene.
These are some shots of trying to figure out how the crab legs look best, and also how to shell moves in accordance.